Thursday, November 2, 2023

Musing of Peace


I wonder if creating places we need to be, things we should have and do, and the endless striving around becoming someone, leaves us stuck walking the treadmill of endless planning in our lives?

I used to think at the end of the rainbow there would be a pot of gold waiting for me. Yet, what if the gold is the present moment of where I am NOW or where you are NOW?


The search for inner peace only creates an ironic paradox, where the seeking can actually take a person further from inner peace. The desired outcome creeps away, and what was wanted is then out of reach. 


Each day I would find myself creating this new and improved idea of where I'd find this magical place so serene. I was so trapped in the cycle of "searching for something” that it became an ungrounded desperation to be honest.


My thoughts went something like this; when I travel to this place I've never visited THEN.. or when I get more money THEN... or when the perfect relationship arrives THEN... All in the hope these things would bring me inner peace. 


As I walked this path to nowhere, the common thread I discerned was how my mindset became one of lack. This led me to strategize on how to get out of lack. It was an intrusive mind fuck that on most days kept me up at night. I was so invested in doing this plan to save the day, my thoughts kept me out of inner peace. Go figure.


It wasn’t until I was exhausted by my own coping & devising that inner peace settled into my heart. I discovered peace could be found in the absence of a plan, in the absence of a projection, to even ceasing the rumination of someday I will find it. 


When I stopped the search I also discovered FREEDOM. Freedom from the plaguing thoughts and fruitless efforts that had driven my life. Inner Peace is being where I am in the present with nothing missing or broken. Are you desiring inner PEACE?


With Love,


Ellen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Religion Relevant Today? A Shift Towards Personalized Spirituality

Let us dive into a topic that’s been buzzing around lately: Is religion still relevant in our fast-paced, tech-savvy world? With all the adv...